Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oh the joys of mother hood...

I guess writing every couple of days isn't so bad?!? I must admit that I am a terrible writer! I have no journalistic abilities in my body, not one bone!

To catch you all up:

Saturday we had a YARD SALE! We posted and add on KSL.com and put Flyer's up on the corners of Geneva Rd. We set David and Nancy's yard up and started selling our little hearts out.
It was actually a pretty good day, it wasn't too hot and we had plenty of shade ( that we didn't use ).
The highlights of the sale were when the table filled with all of mom's glass dishes and what nots tipped over and broke. I watched it tip and man it was going in slow motion. Crazy that I didn't run over and try to catch it. Whoops!
The best of the best part of the day was when this couple came to look around and I was sitting at my station manning the money box... Okay so here is their conversation:

Man looking at the table filled with Kitchen items, picks up an old juicer and asks " could I plug this in to make sure that it's still in working condition? "

Me: " of course, there is a plug right here that you could use."

Man: "thanks, it's working. " " that's fabulous, I'll take it."

Woman : " What the hell do you want a juicer for? " " You don't even eat fruits and Vegetables! "

Man: " I need to start. " " I am going to use it to help me drop a few pounds! "

Woman: " Ya, what are you going to do? Stick a burrito in it? "

Me: trying really hard not to laugh hysterically at the woman's comment. You see this couple both overweight by at minimum 100lbs and short at that. It was seriously like a miniature Jerry Springer show. I just wish that I had a tub of popcorn and the rest of my family watching them with me.
But in all seriousness the Man was a good sport. He did in fact buy the juicer and I tried to encourage him with my Father in Laws story of weight loss. WAY TO GO OLD MAN!

Then on Sunday we took it pretty easy! I think after a long day in the sun on Saturday we were all drained and tired.
I did manage to get the kids up and ready for church, a feat that I consider amazing since we got there on time and I did it mostly by myself. I did have a little help from my momma...She is a GREAT baby watcher!
For dinner on Sunday I tasked myself the goal of BBQing on my husbands BBQ. I have only used this thing twice now and once of which I almost set my house on fire!!!
I made a Delicious Teryiaki BBQ Chicken and in the oven I made a FREAKING FANTASTIC Zucchini and Tomato casserole.

Monday was depressing! I missed watching Heros and House season premiers! AND I tore apart my bedroom to organize it a little better.

THIS Morning I woke up to a bed filled with pee! Oh the joys of mother hood. I swear without fail EVERYtime I change the bed and put fresh clean sheets on...someone has to pee in it. I am not sure if I slept through it due it sheer exhaustion or from being pinned in between Lucy and Jaxon and not being able to get out of the bed. So to start off my day...Kid to school and washing the beds again for the second time in 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment