Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A hop, a skip, a jump and oh no....

So it has been a month since I last wrote anything, go figure! October has been a pretty fun month for our family. After all it is my favorite time of the year and my favorite holiday etc..
The families got together this month over at Matt's house to decorate Haunted Houses. IT was a blast! I made little houses out of  grahm crackers for all the kids and we bought ooey, gooey, sticky candy and scary candy to decorate them with.

The fun didn't end there.Lucy was messing around in the bathroom and fell from the toilet. She hit her head pretty hard on the counter and gave herself a nice size goose bump.  Saturday night Lucy kept complaining of a tummy ache. Since there isn't much you can do for a tummy ache I simply told her to just lay down and to get settled in for bed. About 30 mins later I was holding her hair back as she puked.

GREAT! I absolutley LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having sick kids especially when I now have a child that I have to do everything in my power to keep from getting sick as to prevent an earlier heart surgery.
So when middle of the night came and I look over at Kaden puking over the side of his bed, my heart dropped and all I could think of is " My whole family is gonna have the swine flu and Jaxon's going to end up in the hospital again."

We managed to make it through the night to wake up the next day to Grandma Jeanne puking her guts out.
What the??? Where is this coming from? I swear if I could see the little bugger that got us all sick, I would squash it out of spite.
So to end the Flu bug.... Zac, Myself, Matt, and Kyle all got sick as well. Not sure if we were all sick with same thing but sick none the less.

TODAY:

Today is the day that Jake and I are going to do a walk through of the the Arts Intstitute in Draper. We are highly considering going through Culinary Classes. Jake would be more on the cooking side and I want to do the Pastry Arts.

Jake and I have always cooked together. It's something I take great pride in, not many couples can cook together without getting into eachothers way.
For me personally, I use cooking as a method of getting my emotions out. If I am frustrated or sad I cook what I consider to be my comfort foods such as Chocolate cake or Dirt Dessert or a Homemade Mac n Cheese.
If I am excited you could expect something more like Cheesecake or cookies or maybe  BBQ chicken with salad. I love to express my feelings through cooking and I love even more when I am able to share my concauctions with others and they love it as much as I do.
Jake and I aren't 100% sure what we will end up doing afterwards but for now it is something that we both desire to do.

I am a huge believer in the saying " There is a reason for everything! "

I believe that something good will come from Jake and I going to school together. Maybe it's meant to bring us even closer together as a couple or maybe we are to learn something that at this time I couldn't imagine.
Either way it's our next adventure and we are more then excited to start it.

CONSIDER THIS YOUR INVITATION! Someday we would love to have our friends and family over for a fine feast and fancy dessert. Something we hope to impress you with. We will let you know when the time comes but for now I hope your mouths are salivating at the thought of what we might cook!
Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment