Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oh what a day....Late one evening....

Okay so this last weekend wasn't very eventful for our little family. On Sunday we took our kids over to see Grandpa Kirk and Grandma Linda and had dinner there as well.
When Jake and I first got together and through the first years of our marriage we went to the Anderson's house (either Kirk and Linda's or Grandma Barbara and Grandpa Gail's ) dang near almost every Sunday. Not to mention that if it was someones birthday during that month then you went for a Sunday/birthday dinner and when you have a pretty decent sized family then you are always going to dinner.
Well since we moved to Herriman and now back to Provo, we haven't gone over for Sunday dinners like we used to. You can feel the disconnection of family when you get back together, it's like you have a million things to talk about cause you haven't seen anyone for quite a while but at the same time you just sit there and watch the kids ( or kids playing the Wii in our case ) and every once in a while you through in a joke or a comment.
It seems like every time I get together with family no matter which side, the kids have grown a foot or two and are changing in every little way. Now since I don't see them all that often I notice the small changes where as to the parents they are normal and don't seem that odd.
Why is it that when you live in the same state and in many cases the same city you are too busy to make time for your family? We are told all the time that family is the most important thing that we can have and that we should cherish it. Well then why are we wasting our time doing meaning less things and not savoring every moment that we have with our family.
I want my family to know that I love them, even though I am guilty of this myself! I want to be better at turning the TV off and playing with my kids and going to the park, going to movies as a family. Better yet at remembering to have Family Home Evening each week and not putting it off for something else that is less meaningful to my children.
Anyways that was my Sunday....

Monday however was a whole other story. As usual I get up to my alarm clock and get things together for Kaden to get up and get ready for school. For those who know Kaden, you know how big he is compared to me. Well each morning when I wake him up I pull the covers off and twist his legs around off the bed and pull his body up so that he is in a sitting position and then I give him a hug as I send him off to the shower. SO THIS MORNING, I am doing the usual only when Kaden is in the sitting position he turns his head towards me and starts yelling " MOM, I can't open my eyes. Someone glued them together and I can't see! "
This isn't exactly how I wanted to spend the day, but I am a mother and it's what I do.
So I tell him to get in the shower and to wash his face off with a warm wash cloth ( Mistake #1 )
I call the doctor and make him an appointment to be seen at 10:30 and then I call him in sick to school ( Mistake #2 ).
Jake hasn't been feeling all the well so I make him an appointment as well and send them off to find out whats wrong with them ( as if someone could actually diagnose what's really wrong with them in just an hour! :)
Kaden comes home with eye drops but the doctor said that because he had cleaned his eyes out so very well in the shower that the only thing he could see was that they where red. Do you see how I shouldn't have had him clean them out so well? Well then he comes home and continues to torture his little sister and in some cases she tortured him all day long when he could have spent the rest of the day at school, this is where mistake #2 comes in.
Oh the Joys of being a mother!?!?

And finally to end the day, my significant other ditches me for California with his little brother.
They are going out there to work for a bit, it's good on one hand and yet frustrating on the other.
So here I am with 3 kids, one with pink eye... one that is a diva/demon child and one that requires more of me then I have to give sometimes, all by myself.

Tuesday, Today was a fairly routine day. We got up and got Kaden off to school as normal. No tears this morning which is good, although he did have watery eyes from his eye drops.
Lucy and I spent the day cleaning the living room and entertaining Jaxon as much as possible.
Has anyone ever tried really hard to entertain a 3 month old? Lucy is the queen of trying. I must admit for all the times that she does try she gets the persistence award! I think that after 10 times and not getting the smile or cooing that I wanted I would give up. But little Jaxon is a trooper, he puts up with all the arm pining, Binky stuffing, slobbery kisses, leg pulling, in your face talking and attempts to be the momma that Lucy condemns him too.

Now to do homework...WHAT? Homework, is this for me or for the kid? I swear, now days kids come home with homework that the parents end up doing or being utterly confused by and not to mention all the fundraisers.
Whose the brilliant genius that thinks its such a great idea to do fundraisers that require the kids to sell something? What about doing a Walk a Thon? We've done these in the past and they are fabulous. The best part about them is that they get the kids out exercising and the school still makes money. OR how about a READ a Thon? This is for school right? We want our children reading right? Why is it that the schools can't come up with something better then to sell wrapping paper or chocolates?

So these are the days of my life...... more rambling and musings of mine to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment