Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Trick or Treat...Smell my Feet, give me someting good to eat!













These last few days have been hard for me. With Jake having been gone for over a week now that leaves me to be a single momma until he returns.
Don't get me wrong, as I have said before I am Eternally thankful for my beautiful babes, But there are sometimes I wish I could check out. Infact I have noticed that I tend to do so, When we were living in our own place no one was there to pick up the slack. Now that we are living at my mom's house, she picks up the slack without even being asked.

HOMEWORK IS GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME....this is what I am talking about! I am checking out while doing homework with Kaden. Mostly because I get so frustrated. WHY is it so hard to do your homework? Kaden is very good at math and is failing reading and writing. So if he has a math page to do, why does he stare around the house, ask me a million questions not related to the homework, get up to go potty about 3-4 times etc....

I have asked the STUPID school to help me out and have Kaden tested for dislexia, I honestly think he has a form of it. I have gone in and talked with his teacher ( I even took my Elementary Princepal of a Mother in Law in with me ) and still NO HELP!
I shouldn't be surprised. My older brother's kids went to Westridge for awhile and his oldest was held back in the 3rd grade because they wouldn't help him either. When he swtiched his kids to another school... What a change it made. His son got completley caught up to the level he should be on (mind you he is still a grade behind now) and is now in 7th grade and making A's.

I now feel like I need to become more aggresive and I really don't want to do that. I am already volunteering on a weekly basis and trying to help out Kaden's teacher when ever and where ever I can. All he seems to do is make excuses for why he doesn't have time for anything and how he stays at school everyday until 10pm. I am aware of what it takes to be a teacher, I know plenty of them!  ARRRGGG....

On to something better.....HALLOWEEN!!!

Only the BESTEST holiday ever.... We went over to Grandpa Kirk's and Grandma Linda's house where Jeff, Evie and Izzy B met up with us. We started out the night with Jeff and Grandpa giving the kids and I blessings. We really needed them! Lately I feel myself slipping away and I don't like that. I need to get my family back on track! That is a whole other post in itself.

We then went around their block for a bit....Skipping and singing and dancing all the way... well most of us anyways. Kaden for some reason has been having tummy aches and crappy enough he got one on Halloween. He fell asleep sitting up at Grandpa's house, it was quite cute. But I felt for the poor kid. I asked him if he really wanted to go Trick or Treating and to my surprize he wanted to go.

Little Bella was Goldie Locks and man she sang the whole time we where out.. The kid has always had a set of lungs but now it's not so much of a shriek as it is a tune. Sometimes it's hard to make out the words she is singing but if you know the tune it's quite funny to listen to her try to say the words.

Lucy was a Pumpkin Witch and Jaxon was her Pumpkin.... She had so much fun! I am sure she is going to be my Trick or Treat partner from now on. I can see us now going trick or treating when she is 18.... She ran and ran and ran. She even managed to get blisters on her poor feet. But that didn't slow her down and she never once complained! Now that is a die hard trick or treater!!

Kaden went as Robin and Uncle Harley was Batman. So we had our Caped Crusaders with us to watch over and protect us from all the wicked Wtches and Goblins and Ghosts! He tried very hard to have fun and I think he did. He was a little slow going at first but quickly regained his energy and I think got a second wind.

Afterwards we went back to my Mom's house and went Trick or Treating again around my old neighborhood. This time we had Deagan, Alyssa, Sierra ( Alyssa's friend ) Zach, Jathen and Austin to go with us. I am pretty sure I will never again take all the kids trick or treating by myself.

The kids got a load of candy.... Good thing momma gets to have first pick! Hey I have to take taxes out first.... They need to learn now that you can't skip out on taxes or it will haunt you in the end!!

Now onto a month where we give our many thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I have to help my youngest brother with his homework sometimes, and it bothers the crap out of me! Some of that is probably because school things really came easily for me, and I can't understand why he doesn't get it. He does have problems with reading - which effects everything! - and does get help from the LD teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have much experience with helping kids do homework, but maybe reading out loud together (if you don't already do it) will help with his reading skills? (I ♥ reading!)

    Also, about being aggressive... my mom had to threaten to pull me out of school before my junior high would do anything about the fact that I'd been placed in a math class four grades below my level. They kept putting her off and wasted half a year. By the time they offered to put me in a higher class so she wouldn't homeschool me I had friends and was too scared to start all over. Maybe if you threaten to take your kid out of their classroom ($$) you might see some results. :( That's not very positive, is it? I wish we could just focus on learning and not get bogged down by the money and politics of it. Good luck! ♥

    ReplyDelete